Instagram has taken another step to incorporate a feature of Snapchat into the Instagram mobile app. On May 17th, 2017 Instagram released a new feature called Face Filters. Instagram users across the untied states got this message through an Instagram story posted by Instagram:
The message included a short video tutorial that described how to use the new Instagram Face filters. Below you will find some thorough instructions on how to use the new Instagram Face filters.
How to Use The New Instagram Face Filters
Instagram Face filters are the newest feature to be added to Instagram. Although Snapchat has provided the feature for quite some time now, Instagram has been working on adding the technology to their mobile app for almost a year, now the Instagram Face filter has become a reality. Below you will find some in depth directions on how to use the new Instagram Face filter.
- Open the Instagram app and swipe left to open the camera.
- Switch to the front facing camera so that your face is on the screen.
- To open the Instagram Face filters you simply tap the white face button in the lower right hand corner of the screen. The button looks like this: Once you do this you will be presented with a slider with a number of different Face filters you can use.
- To select an Instagram Face filter you will tap the one you want to use and it will apply to your face.
One common mistake is to not have the front facing camera open. Make sure that your face is on the screen. Once your front facing camera is open you will see the button to press that will open up the Instagram Face filters. There are currently only eight Instagram Face Filters available for Instagram users to use. Once users have exhausted the eight Instagram Face filters they will begin asking the question “how do I get more Instagram Face Filters?”
How to Get More Instagram Face Filters?
There are currently only eight Instagram Face filters available to Instagram users. Compared to Snapchat, this is a very limited collection. Snapchat has offered its users hundreds of different face filters. Instagram only has eight filters right now but they will be updating the feature to offer more filters as time goes on. Snapchat started out with a few different filters but gradually increased their collection to consist of many different filters that they constantly switch out.
Another cool thing about the face filters is that sports teams and businesses can sponsor filters to offer users of social media a new type of advertising that is very interactive. Sponsored filters give users a unique face filter that is different than the same old filters they have been using for months. So if you are wondering how you can get new Instagram face filters, the answer is patients. You will not be able to use new Instagram face filters until Instagram either creates them and releases them, or a business sponsors a new lens. If Instagram face filters are anything like snapchat face filters, there should be new face filters added every week. There is no way to tell when new Instagram Face filters will be available, however, you can check regularly to look for new Instagram Face Filters.
The First Eight Instagram Face Filters
Below you will find a list of the first eight Instagram Face Filters that were released for Instagram users to use. In the future there will be many more Instagram Face Filters available to Instagram users.
- Gold Crown Instagram Face Filter
- Koala Bear Instagram Face Filter
- Nerdy Glasses With Math Problems Instagram Face Filter
- White Bunny Rabbit Instagram Face Filter
- Rainbow Flower Crown Instagram Face Filter
- Ice Crystal Crown Instagram Face Filter
- Black Crown with Purple Feathers Instagram Face Filter
- Sparkles Instagram Face Filter
Comment below which Instagram Face Filters you want to see in the future!